Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I used to be a Republican and then I was a Democrat for awhile.  It seemed important at the time.  Following politics is a futile occupation because politicians are so full of crap.  I just wish the policies that politicians come up with would kill and harm fewer people but I think it is pretty much random chance what type of policies emerge from the conglomeration of people we vote into office.

Even if the average voter actually understood what his political candidate actually wanted to do, the politician they voted for rarely does what he said he would.

I favor a system of computerized national referendums for making some types of legislation.  I would like to see the constitution amended to have this capability.  This would be useful on legislation that is critically important but cannot get passed because our politicians are deadlocked and are too asinine to make obvious compromises.  Football games use a coin flip to decide who gets the ball first and this would be the political equivalent of flipping a coin.  It can't be any worse than our current system.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

My primary blog is glennsellnow.wordpress.com .