Sunday, October 24, 2010

Baby Delivery

I worked in the automation department at APV Crepaco and people there did not always get along that well. There was a process engineer named Steve who had a significant personality and he did not get along well with my boss Randy M.. These two constantly bickered and I was caught in the middle of their bickering. Deadlines for all projects were the most important thing in the world to my boss Randy because missing them made him look bad.

A deadline for a project was at hand but the problem was Steve's wife was in the process of having a baby. Completing the project would require Steve and I to work together for a few hours but that was difficult because Steve was at home with his wife who was in labor with a baby. The labor turned out to be a false labor but apparently it is sometimes difficult to tell the difference so the doctors wanted Steve to stay with her. Randy insisted that the project be completed on time despite the labor of Steve's wife.

They sent me to Steve's house in a giant Crepaco van to complete the project with Steve. Someone gave me a pair of gloves before I left the plant and I asked what they were for. I was informed that they were to deliver Steve's baby.

I arrived at Steve's house and we went to work on the project using his kitchen table as a desk. Steve's wife walked around the table constantly because she was in pain from her false labor. She eventually made us some lunch which was quite good of her considering the circumstances. Steve and I finished the project and I was finally able to leave this awkward situation.

Steve's wife had a healthy child sometime after I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My primary blog is glennsellnow.wordpress.com .