Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Armageddon or Ragnarok?

Will the universe end in Ragnarok or Armageddon?  I am not sure myself but the earth will be burned up long before then so the death rattle of the universe does not concern me yet.  Armageddon is for the earth according to the Bible and I doubt if the scientists speculating on the end of the universe really know what they are talking about.  They have impressive sounding degrees and talk pretty good but they are just taking an "educated" guess.  Creation myths and myths about the end of the universe are not exclusive to religions of various types because scientists are now taking their best shot at creating new myths based on the current theory of the moment.  I am not against science and I even like science fiction but speculative science should be careful to label itself instead of just perpetuating propaganda as truth that bums out people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My primary blog is glennsellnow.wordpress.com .