Monday, December 12, 2016

Why do I hate driving a car over a long distance?

Let me list the reasons why I hate driving long distance:

Only one of my eyes can see legally and I need a corrective lens for the good eye to make it legal.  This does not improve the safety of traveling especially in bad weather. Death, severe injury and property damage would not be my first choice for a swell day.

I have Crohn's disease.  In my case, this means I have constant pain and bleeding in my posterior whenever I bounce around driving in a car.  Even sitting still for a long period of time makes things worse. If I actually get hungry and want to eat anything, I lose control of my bowels and there is a possibility of making a mess in the car.

I have better things to do with my life than driving.

Gasoline costs money which I don't have.

My car has over 40,000 miles on it and its only a few years old.

Cars can break down or accidents can happen on lonely roads with no cell phone coverage.

Endoscopic image of Crohn's colitis showing de...
Endoscopic image of Crohn's colitis showing deep ulceration in sigmoid colon. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
I could keep going but  there is no purpose for continuing.  I intend to rearrange my life if possible to eliminate all unnecessary driving.  I am glad I never decided to be a taxi driver because that would not have been a good career choice for me or any potential passengers.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My primary blog is glennsellnow.wordpress.com .