Saturday, December 17, 2016

Why is there 10" of snow in my driveway?

I didn't order any snow and yet I need to spend the rest of this day trying to dig a path to the road for my car.  Snow would be fine if it only fell on snowmobile trails and ski slopes but my driveway is just not the place for it. My younger son was clearing it for me in the past but he hurt his neck and back on the job so I don't want to take a chance on him aggravating it further because he needs to work. Running to the rest room every 10 minutes while shoveling/blowing snow because of Crohns is a less than ideal way to get this lovely job done.

Why did I buy an electric Ryobi snowblower with a cord when I have a giant drive way you may ask?  One look at my pitiful bank account provides an obvious answer. Actually the Ryobi is not as bad as you might think after you get used to it as long as you get to the snow before it gets above 10".  Shoveling is the backup system.  Just have to avoid a heart attack.  Thank God for rock salt and halite!
Snow blower in Rocky Mountain National Park, 1933
Snow blower in Rocky Mountain National Park, 1933 (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My primary blog is glennsellnow.wordpress.com .