Monday, February 28, 2011

Miniature cattle seem great as pets for hobby farms.

A miniature cow (not a calf, a natural mini br...Image via WikipediaI saw an ad for miniature cattle that really seemed kind of impressive.  There are registered miniature cattle that can be used for pets, meat or milk.  The cattle come in all types: Holstein, Jersey, Angus, Hereford, etc.....  They are perfect for hobby farms because of their size.  I'd get one as a pet if I ever owned a hobby farm.  They were on one of the major morning TV shows.  My sister-in-law raises Holstein steers for beef and I tried to talk her into getting some miniature cattle but she just won't go for it because she has been brain washed by the local farmers.  She also gets her stock for free as bottle feeder calves from local farmers up north in Wisconsin.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

My primary blog is glennsellnow.wordpress.com .