Saturday, July 19, 2014

Metal Gear Video Game versus original Star Trek: The Ultimate Match Up !

Promotional photo of the cast of Star Trek dur...
Promotional photo of the cast of Star Trek during the third season (1968–1969). From left to right: James Doohan, Walter Koenig, DeForest Kelley, Majel Barrett, William Shatner, Nichelle Nichols, Leonard Nimoy, and George Takei. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
My son likes to play the Metal Gear Video Game series on PS4 but I told him that in my day the original Star Trek was the cats meow and simply couldn't be beat by video games.  When I was a young lad we had three TV channels and the only DVR's were on Star Trek.  Since Star Trek only played at certain times of day, I made a deal with my father to take off from farm work at those times.  Some of this farm work involved forking about 10 tons of winter manure out of a poorly designed building into a manure spreader.  I don't think my son has any conception of the type of work that is but he said it sounded pretty bad.  You know what, it was bad.  Thank God for Star Trek time.  In fact I used to set my clock ahead a few minutes every 10 minutes or so to show to my father so that I could expedite Star Trek time for myself.  He finally figured out this cruel deception on my part but he just thought it was funny.  I always wanted my father to buy a Bobcat loader for this task but why should he do that as long as I was still on the farm.  A Bobcat Loader would have been my Metal Gear game back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My primary blog is glennsellnow.wordpress.com .