Friday, July 11, 2014

The rats will not win !

Rat
Rat (Photo credit: Sergey Yeliseev)
 I grew up on a dairy farm and our silo had two rats in it. I climbed up the silo chute one day and peaked through the door. The rats came running out past my ears and down my body. They appeared to float down the silo chute, barely making contact with the sides of the chute. This went on for several days and I found it very annoying. Eventually I started putting entry doors back in the silo so the rats could not get out so easy. I got inside the silo with the trapped rats and destroyed them in a Neanderthal like battle which lasted about 15 minutes. They were a worthy opponent but they had to go into that good night via a pitchfork.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My primary blog is glennsellnow.wordpress.com .