Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Fifth American Killed in Mexican Border City in Past Week - FoxNews.com

040201-N-0331L-013 Arabian Gulf (Feb 1, 2004) ...Image via Wikipedia
Americans are foolish if they think they are immune to Central/South American violence when they visit these countries. There was some discussion of a project in Columbia at one of my former places of employment. I saw men with machine guns surrounding a chemical plant when I looked at the site pictures. This did not generate enthusiasm within my soul about the prospect of myself or anyone going to this project site. I have seen Church groups sending children to go traveling through countries that are simply filled with danger. I am all for Evangelism but when one of these children get hurt there may be a realization that this is a job for adults that have the emotional capacity to understand the real risks. Emotional appeals are not always wrong but I have seen the results of man made emotion in religious areas and it has not always been pretty.
Fifth American Killed in Mexican Border City in Past Week - FoxNews.com
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

My primary blog is glennsellnow.wordpress.com .