Monday, November 8, 2010

Roman History class at UWM

University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee School of Ed...Image via WikipediaI am impressed with the Roman History professor at UW Milwaukee as my son describes  him.  He is from Portugal and I think he is exactly what every Professor should be.  He really seems to put some of the "I don't care" students on the spot.  He seems completely fair in his assignments but some students just don't do the work.  He puts an effort into group participation during lecture and when students are obviously not doing the work he openly points them out.  I have experienced unfair professors while in college and the students at UWM should feel lucky to get this guy.
I had one professor who walked in the first day and wrote the assignments on the board.  He said that there was no use talking to us until we did the assignments so he might as well leave.  He left.  That set the tone for the whole quarter.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

My primary blog is glennsellnow.wordpress.com .