Sunday, November 7, 2010

Vietnam offers navy base to foil China - Telegraph

China had a minor border skirmish with Vietnam during the 1980's. I asked my Vietnamese friend Tuan if he thought that China would invade Vietnam. Tuan laughed and basically said that the quality of the Chinese military was inferior to the Vietnamese military. He correctly predicted that the Chinese would lose bad. I found that Tuan seemed to have an excellent grasp of reality even though he was a little extreme with his emotions.
I was going to a Assembly of God church at this time so I invited Tuan to come with me. I asked Tuan what he thought about the service. He said that the minister there reminded him of the rhetoric of communists. He proved to be correct and if I would have been smart enough to listen to him the quality of my subsequent life would have been much improved. This church eventually had financial problems and died a slow painful death in a metaphorical sense. I found participating in this process to be upsetting on multiple levels and it left a profound impression on me.

Vietnam offers navy base to foil China - Telegraph

No comments:

Post a Comment

My primary blog is glennsellnow.wordpress.com .