Thursday, November 4, 2010

Iranians stage mass protest against 'Great Satan' US - Yahoo! News

Canadian soldiers in Afghanistan were the Cana...Image via Wikipedia
I saw a baptist church sign that said something like "Does God hear our enemies prayers". I rarely see this church sign quote the Bible. There seems to be a prejudice in some church circles against any use of military force by the United States or of simple respect for the job the military does. War is rarely justified but in some cases it is an unfortunate necessity. I think this is obvious from common sense and the New Testament.
I know God hears our enemies prayers but sometimes his answer is no. I am thankful for that. There are justifiable uses of force and I think that the war in Afghanistan is justifiable. The Church and the military are both composed of flawed people. The military's mistakes may be easy to see in the video age but I think the Church's failures cause more long term damage.
Iranians stage mass protest against 'Great Satan' US - Yahoo! News
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

My primary blog is glennsellnow.wordpress.com .